By administering and tracking both paid and unpaid leave policies, Advance Systems time and attendance systems plays a valuable role in helping organizations maintain compliance with federal, state, and union mandates.
Today due to the robust legislation surrounding FMLA, organizations are struggling to accurately track FMLA leave for their employees. With the average cost for an FMLA case approaching $80,000 despite the outcome, it is more important than ever for organizations to accurately track and administer FMLA leave time.
Advance Systems Time & Attendance Solutions enable organizations to:
- Automatically determine FMLA eligibility based on an employees hours worked and hire date.
- Track concurrent and intermittent FMLA leave simultaneously alongside other leave types such as STD or Vacation/Personal leave.
- Generate all necessary forms and documents for managing FMLA events.
- Store doctors certifications and will send alerts when new certifications are required.
- Reduce the likelihood of Department of Labor investigations and employee lawsuits.
- Eliminate administrative errors which occur when the FMLA is administered manually.
- Reduce the time required to manually administer federal and state leave laws by as much as 65%.
What is FMLA?
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) provides an entitlement of up to 12 weeks of job-protected, unpaid leave during any 12-month period to eligible, covered employees for the following reasons:
- birth and care of the eligible employees child, or placement for adoption or foster care of a child with the employee;
- care of an immediate family member (spouse, child, parent) who has a serious health condition; or
- care of the employees own serious health condition. It also requires that employees’ group health benefits be maintained during the leave.The FMLA is administered by the Employment Standards Administrations Wage and Hour Division within the U.S. Department of Labor.
Source – U.S. Department of Labor