In the light of global pandemic situation that affected many businesses and the way they function, Proximity Card Readers are now a safer option for employees to clock in clock out at work. Integrated with time and attendance system, the solution will automate employee time tracking data flow and payroll calculation in one place.
What is a Proximity Card Reader
A Proximity Card Reader is an access or attendance control device that helps validate the person’s identity to allow area access or register the time of arrival. The Proximity Reader device operates using the individual’s identification. To reduce the risk of virus spread employees can just present a fob or card towards the reader without any contact or fingerprint.
How Does Proximity Card Work?
The clocking terminals can operate directly on the network or at remote locations via modems. They would be located at convenient points for employees to register their time of arrival and departure.
On a successful transaction, the device bleeps, shows a green light and displays the employee’s name. The clocking station can be programmed to display a variety of information for an employee to review on using the key pad facility, e.g. hours accrued (basic and overtime), holiday balance, last six registrations.
The ‘poller’ running on the server will periodically, (normally every five seconds), poll the clocking terminals and download the information to the database. Periodically these transactions will be processed and the hours attended by each employee will be calculated.
- Finger Placement
- Works in Verify and Identify Mode
- Eliminates Buddy Punching
- Works with Cards and Fobs
- Hygienic non-contact option
- Can be used with Biometric as Dual authentication
All data goes directly to the Time and Attendance System that simplifies further processes for absence management and payroll.
Benefits of Using Proximity Card Readers
- Your employees will be paid be what they earn. You as an employer can prevent unbalanced payrolls thanks to precise time management.
- Safe and healthy touch free environment. Your employees will be rest assured the time tracking systems are safe since no contact is involved when they clock in and clock out of work
- No Mistakes. The employee time clock scanners automatically know which fingerprints/cards belong to which employees. There’s no way to cheat the scanner. It will only pick up each individual fingerprint for a particular person.
- Save Time and Money
Instead of signing in time cards with pens and paper, the quick swipe allows the employees to get to work quickly. They just swipe their finger and continue moving right to their work station. At the end of their shift, they can get home quickly by signing out after their work day is complete.
- The more time you and your employees save, the more money your business makes. You’ll get every ounce of production that your company deserves without paying more than what the workers earned.
- Easy Viewing and Analyzing. The statistics are recorded and made available for easy storage and viewing. That means that as an employer, you have access to all the records of what has actually happened directly within the time and attendance system.
- Employee clocking terminals can be placed conveniently in many areas throughout the workplace to be available to the employees. They won’t have to search for one specific area where the device is placed. You can just pull out the electronic record that indicates how much time your workforce was clocked into the system.
Both you and your employees will appreciate the interesting and advanced methods of keeping track of time.
What are Proximity Cards Used For?
For business owners it’s a paramount task to keep the work environment safe and secure for employees in any industry or business type.
- With biometric and proximity readers systems you can capture and track any movement of your staff and contractors in real-time, at multiple locations and entry points.
- It can also help streamline employee clocking-in procedure and optimize staff scheduling based on availability.
How to Clean Clock Terminals
If you are still using fingerprint clock terminal on job sites to capture staff time and attendance , please take these safety measures to keep them clean for your employees.
- You can use 70%+ IPA wipe as frequently as needed .
- Wear disposable gloves when cleaning the fingerprint scanner surface
- Do not use gel hand sanitizers before scanning your finger not to compromise enrollment quality of the reader.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds after using a fingerprint time clock.
- As an alternative an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60-70% alcohol can be used instead.
Through automated processes and individualized recognition, companies will not lose money or secure data. Employees cannot buddy punch; when they do arrive at work, they can safely enter the building.
Thus, the use of proximity card readers delivers a secure, safe and accurate way to keep employee attendance records. The broad range of direct and indirect cost benefits allows companies to see a significant reduction in these costs.