When asked to describe the future of business today in a word, experts universally state, “Mobile!” Everything is going mobile. Work processes, work groups, websites, sales platforms, communications channels – if it isn’t mobile-friendly, there will be little place for it in the business world in the very near future.
In a sense, this means creating a future for your company depends on building everything you do from a secure mobile-friendly foundation. Employee tracking software is a huge part of making this transition successfully.
In this post, learn how adopting employee tracking software can position your workforce for long-term productivity and profitability.
How Employee Tracking Software Works
Transitioning to the use of tracking software is much easier than many employers think it will be. This is because the software is already organized into modules to address the specific needs of employees (in-office, remote and virtual), managers and executives.
The software is divided into the following core modules, which can be implemented together all at one time or individually as needed as your company grows:
- Time and attendance.
- Absence management.
- Employee self service.
- Mobile workforce.
- HR software.
The HR software module provides a big picture analysis of data in a variety of areas, from recruitment to performance reviews, training to pay and contract trends.
Tracking Software Improves Access to Analytics & Big Data
Workforce analytics will be key for companies desiring to maintain their competitive edge. RIS recommends that retailers specifically track the following 4 analytics, 3 of which are effortlessly addressed through the adoption of tracking software:
- Time and attendance tracking.
- Employee retention.
- Identification of gaps in the talent pool.
- Use of social media in work roles.
How the Mobile Workforce Module Boosts Productivity
As mentioned here, the long-term workforce will be an undeniably mobile workforce. Whether this means your employees telecommute locally using web-based tools or work remotely from halfway around the world, you will need to provide productivity tools that can be accessed by your entire workforce equally.
This is where the mobile workforce module comes into the picture. Each module in the employee tracking software automates routine tasks and provides enhancements to productivity. But the mobile module is what permits remote workers to take advantage of these tools.
The mobile module offers the following benefits:
- Employees can access the module with any approved smart device.
- Employees can enter/edit and submit time sheets, request leave, explain absences, view available sick days and vacation days, view weekly schedules and more.
- Managers can enable GPS to track the location of field and remote workers.
- Managers can view time sheets and time-off requests in real time and approve/deny them.
- Managers can use time logs to create weekly schedules incorporating workers from any location within the company.
Stick to Your Project Budget with Software-Based Scheduling
As the ongoing fluctuations in the economy require companies to get more and more competitive with project pricing, employee tracking software can ensure you never spend a penny more of the client’s funds (or your own) than is absolutely necessary to get the job done.
In this way, the scheduling module is designed to serve as a project manager’s assistant by highlighting the most cost-effective worker schedule each week. The scheduling manual automates each of the following tasks:
- Grouping workers by pay rates, skills level and training qualifications.
- Effortlessly includes both local and remote/virtual workers in the scheduling mix.
- Manage the complexities of shift-based schedules, including schedule swaps.
- Manage overtime approvals to ensure the project stays within budget.
- Keep detailed records of past and present shifts to improve future forecasting.
- Ensures legal compliance within each work unit.
- Greatly reduces the time requirement for producing or editing each week’s schedule.
You Can Start Preparing for Long-Term Productivity Right Now!
Whether you choose to implement a single module or you want to begin using the entire package right away, you can look forward to immediate cost and time savings when you transition to using employee tracking software!