In time of pandemic business owners are now paying more attention to contactless ways to track employee hours and calculate payroll and create flexible shifts while avoiding a risk of contamination. Facial recognition with employee temperature screening is becoming a more attractive technology to replace biometric fingerprint time clocks that have been used to track employee time and attendance onsite.
What is Facial Recognition and How it Works
Today facial recognition is a convenient and user friendly technology of person identification without a password/card. The main algorithm of technology consists of 2 stages – identification and verification.
Employees just look at camera and the system will recognize the face in less than a second.
Facial recognition is a simple yet effective solution for employee time and attendance tracking based on accurate biometric face recognition software.
It is made possible thanks to the built-in software into the tablet size device at the entrance of the office building or job site.
The camera on tablet captures employee clock in and clock out time and automatically delivers data into the time and attendance system. The real time report shows the availability of each employee at work site and registers the exact number of hours spent on the job by each employee.
Such systems are in higher demand among business managers who have more than 100 hourly workers that come in different shifts and use flexible job schedules.
Facial recognition system can simplify all the paperwork and time control, delivering accurate and valid information on employee hours worked.
Advantage of Using Facial Recognition Technology
Contactless technology not only helps control employee work time, but also saves business resources by automating the control process and employee time card management.
It’s possible to use the system on mobile devices which makes time and attendance tracking more affordable for medium and large businesses.
The functionality of the system has undeniable advantages such as
- cut administrative cost by 5-10%
- increase employee productivity by 10%
- supervisors save up to 15% of their time, by automating the attendance control
With implementation of facial recognition software the companies can optimize the production cost because:
- time and attendance system gets real-time data of all employees’ hours worked.
- optimization of organization’s expenses is based on valid data received.
The service can efficiently solve a range of HR tasks such as achieving a better discipline by capturing time when workers come and go, when they are late or absent.
Supervisor can review the current data online and setup alert notification in case the employee wasn’t registered.
The automatization of employee attendance with the help of face recognition software and it’s integration with payroll systems may improve discipline at workplace and cut administrative cost by 5-10%.
- Full automatization of employee time and attendance tracking using facial recognition software
- User friendly tool that can help optimize administrative and labor costs
- Reliable, easy to use and fast system
- Easy to install. No additional hardware required
- Works autonomously in online /offline modes. No need to keep it connected to the computer.
Face Recognition Features for Employee Management
- Automatic time cards of hours worked
- Employee monitoring in real time
- Detection of late clockings and missing hours
- When employees are late – this is the first signal that this employee isn’t working efficiently. Lack of serious attitude and personal issues will result in bad customer service. With real time reports managers will be able to identify which departments and which employees could improve their productivity.
- This method is equally suitable for small offices and large productions sites. Registration of clock in and clock out occurs by facial recognition, contactless cards or key fobs.
- The combination of several terminals tied into one system can handle remote locations and departments and is best suitable for large organizations.
- Data comes in real time. When there is no connection with the server, the device can store all events and automatically send them to the system upon restored connection.
Additional Functional Benefits
- Automatic Time and Attendance system can solve employee management tasks
- Electronic Time Cards management. Track PTO, vacations, sick days. Flexible shifts. Lunch breaks.
- Instant registration and monitoring of late clockings, early leaving, missing days, access control
- Ability to add own events or rules. Registration of business trips and leaves. Task management
- Salary calculation (bonuses) based on schedules and work hours. Hourly calculation. Count late missed days, late clockings, early leaves for payroll
- Real time reports that show the current situation
- Export of worked hours in various formats into payroll software
- Automatic rostering by schedules
- Notification Alerts when employees come late, leave early
How Facial Recognition Can Be Useful in Business Environment
- Touch-Free Time and Attendance System
- Easy to Install and Use with Existing Terminals
- Perfect Solution for Employee Time Clock
- Temperature Screening with email alerts
- Works in dark environment with masks on
- 5000 employees capacity
Facial Recognition Readers can be very beneficial to medium and large businesses with more than 50-100 employees. This solution provides safe technology to track employee hours and screen the temperature at the entrance when needed. These devices integrate well with clocking terminals and send data directly into time and attendance system.