Time and attendance management is a core function of any business. In the past, payroll and human resources personnel have been forced to manually process and track time. Not only can this be extremely time-consuming, but it leaves companies vulnerable to the consequences of human error. Alternatively, electronic Timesheet software for small business can help lower payroll costs while increasing accuracy. Still not convinced to join the timekeeping revolution? Here are 5 ways that electronic timesheet software can revolutionize your small business:
1. Keeping you in compliance with federal regulations.
With paper timesheets, tracking FMLA compliance can overwhelm even the most experienced HR professionals. With so many federal and state regulations concerning time and paid leave, it can be extremely difficult to keep up with them all. One small mistake in this area can leave your business open to potential fines or lawsuits. Luckily, with Mitrefinch time and attendance software, you can easily and securely track FMLA-related time. Here is a look at some of the modules designed to help businesses manage FMLA:
• Time and attendance – Mitrefinch time and attendance systems can quickly calculate the number of hours an employee has worked during the calendar year. This will help confirm their eligibility for FMLA.
• Absence Management – This software helps payroll keep track of the amount of FMLA leave time used.
With a sleek, user-friendly interface, Advance Systems FMLA tracking software allows businesses to avoid FMLA compliance violations.
2. Making scheduling a breeze.
Mitrefinch Employee Scheduling Software by Mitrefinch makes it easy to manage labor costs. With information like pay rates and availability stored in one central location, you can create a balanced, cost-effective schedule in a fraction of the time it would usually take. Not only can this tool help improve the profitability of each shift, but it can also help reduce overhead costs. As an added bonus, management can set predefined budgets in the timekeeping software so they are alerted if budgets are being exceeded.
3. Empowering your workforce.
Another benefit of Mitrefinch electronic Timesheet software for small business is that it allows employees to take an active part in managing their time and attendance. Web-based self-service portals allow employees to use various platforms such as laptops, PCs or even mobile devices to manage their schedule. This includes functions such as:
• Checking individual schedules
• View previous hours worked
• Track remaining leave
• Submitting time-off requests
• Request shift swaps
Special algorithms allow management to quickly create schedules or manage shifts even when complex schedule types like flextime are involved.
4. Saving time and money.
Mitrefinch time management programs can help your small business save money. This software can ensure the integrity of your time data by preventing time-theft or fraudulent claims. By automating the payroll process, it can significantly reduce the workload for payroll personnel, allowing them to focus on other aspects of their positions. Timekeeping automation can also help reduce opportunities for human error in the payroll process. Any combination of these benefits can have a significantly positive impact on your bottom line.
5. Getting you more bang for your buck.
Electronic time management systems work for you, not the other way around. In addition to reducing the payroll workload, Mitrefinch software can also help streamline the HR process. Using a variety of tools, this software can help HR professionals:
• Applicant tracking – The HR management module allows HR personnel to track and manage job applications.
• Quickview – HR and hiring managers can quickly view application information in a single location.
• Applicant comparison – Compare multiple applicants at a time to identify the most well-qualified.
6. Helping you see the big picture.
Mitrefinch Employee Scheduling systems help businesses see the big picture with real-time reporting. With just one click of a button, attendance metrics can be printed, emailed or put into a graph. Unlike with manual timesheets, timesheet software allows supervisors to view everything from recent punches to the amount of vacation each employee has. It also lets them monitor things like:
• Overtime – This sophisticated timekeeping software allows supervisors to see much overtime has been worked on a given shift. This can be a great tool for identifying potential staffing gaps or re-evaluating workloads.
• Shift swapping – The number of shifts that an employee has requested to swap. This may indicate that availability charts need to be updated.
• Timeliness – Supervisors can view how frequently an employee is tardy and take appropriate disciplinary actions.
There are lots of ways that electronic timekeeping software can help your small business maximize its efficiency. With dozens of integrated tools, Mitrefinch software empowers businesses to cut costs, increase productivity and streamline various payroll and HR processes. Join a network of more than one million people that use Mitrefinch Time and Attendance systems each day.
Time & Attendance Tools for Small Business