If you’re looking for innovative ways to simply save time and money while boosting employee output, attendance software is worth looking into. Attendance software simply tracks your employee’s time and attendance metrics electronically, making it easy for managers to spot problems as well as for employees to take more responsibility for their attendance.
The old way of keeping attendance sheets required manual labor, costing management precious money and time that could be better spent elsewhere. The purpose of attendance software is not just to make it easier to keep track of data, but to increase both efficiency and overall profits in any company that has employees on the clock.
Advantages of Using Attendance Software
To help you get a better idea of exactly why so many successful businesses and corporations are using attendance software, here are five powerful benefits that are undeniable:
1. Eliminate Human Error. When the onus of responsibility rests with humans, there is always a chance for human error. This can lead to lost time and increased discrepancies. When the system is automated, the data is there in black and white, leading to fewer disputes thanks to the elimination of the possibility of management error. The only error that can occur is on the employee’s side, thus shifting the responsibility for their attendance where it should be – on the employee.
This makes them more involved in their attendance and more meticulous since shortchanging themselves out of money is not in their best interest. Attendance software systems have been proven to be 99% more accurate than manual attendance systems. They also eliminate calculation errors in addition to data entry errors.
2. Eliminate Theft and Boost Security. There are many features available for attendance software that will increase the security of your company’s time and property. For example, biometric data (i.e. fingerprint scanners) make it so only the actual employee can clock in, eliminating “buddy punching” while tracking the personnel entry and exits from areas and facilities.
This will also work to eliminate theft of equipment and supplies, since a more personalized record can now be kept. Biometric stations can be on every desk in your office or at strategically located kiosks around your facility.
3. Boost Employee Productivity. A constant struggle with many businesses is figuring out solutions for increasing the productivity of your employees. There are quite a few ways to do this, but not many are as cost-effective and subtle as the implementation of attendance software. For starters, the attendance software will make entering and exiting work a quick, painless process.
The daily operations become more efficient as legacy practices are eliminated, thus freeing up more time for your employees to tackle tasks that are directly bringing revenue into the companies. Managers and supervisors are also freed up, allowing them to work on more pressing issues that can further boost the productivity of the company. All in all, automating a process where so much can go wrong eliminates the risk of error as well as the time it takes to commit that error in.
4. Cut Down on Spending. Manual labor costs are involved in anything that you do manually. This includes collecting and compiling attendance data as well as calculating the data to process the payroll. When you implement automated software, you eliminate those manual labor costs, thus saving not only the time, but more importantly, the money (plus time is money). This is not just money saved, but money that can be reinvested into other areas of the company that will offer you a return on investment.
5. Make things Easier for Everyone. When your company is running smooth, efficiently and saving money, everyone is happier. Employees will be more productive since they are reassured that their pay is accurate and the systems cut down on unnecessary manual actions. Managers and supervisors have more free time to tend to matters that are more integral for a growing and/or successful business. Thanks to the elimination of time sheets, time cards other tedious work, the entire workforce in your facility will be able to concentrate on what they are really there for: their work.